- Certificate of Advanced Study in Administration and Supervision (Honors), State University of New York, College at New Paltz
- B.S./M.S. Degrees: Education (Honors), Western Connecticut State College, Danbury, Connecticut
- Doctoral Work in Educational Organization and Behavior, Teachers’ College, Columbia University, New York
Affiliations & Awards
- Regional Member: Commissioner’s Advisory Council
- Adjunct Professor: State University of New York (New Paltz, New York)
- House of Delegate Member: New York State Council of School Superintendents
- Award: Parent-Teachers’ Association (PTA) for Educator Of The Year Award
Dr. David A. Burpee has joined the ESI Administrative Search Team in the newly created role of Director of Administrative Searches and Governance Services, effective June 1, 2020. Dr. David has spent eight years working for many educational organisations and international schools in Vietnam in various capacities; such as, Academic President of IEC Nguyen Hoang Group (NHG), Campus Principal of the International Schools of North America, School Director of Vietnam-Australia International School, and Campus Principal of Singapore International School at Saigon South.
Dr. David brings an impressive 35+ year track record in professional recruitment, international client service, and school board relations, having personally interviewed and places hundreds of school leaders over the course of his career.
David’s career also includes thirty years serving in many school districts in New York State (USA). During these three decades, he held various roles as Superintendent of Schools, Assistant Superintendent of Schools, Director of Human Resources and Director of Curriculum.
Dr. David has presented at many international education conferences around the world and delivered AP professional development workshops to support building and international school-based teams. In addition, he has provided mentoring and school administrative leadership training sessions in many countries. Lastly, Dr. David has extensive experience in school board governance, having worked with countless school boards and communities to advise them on effective practices in selecting school leaders and program administrators. Dr. David A. Burpee is currently working as a Senior Advisor, Global Education Partnerships of the Rosedale Academy, and he lives with his wife in Kingston, New York (USA).