- Ph.D., Organizational Leadership & Administration, Bowling Green State University
- Ed.S., Educational Administration and Supervision, The University of Toledo
- Masters, Administration and Supervision, Bowling Green State University
- Bachelor’s degree, English, Bowling Green State University
Areas of Expertise & Publications
- Educational Leadership, Curriculum Development, and Staff Development
- Publications: Leading a Learning Organization: The Science of Working with Others; Stop Leading Like It’s Yesterday: Key Concepts for Shaping Today’s; School Culture; 100 Days to Leadership Impact; Creating the Anytime, Anywhere; Classroom: A Blueprint for Learning; Online in Grades K-12; Mirror Images: New Reflections on Teacher Leadership
Casey’s coached CEOs, led C-Suite leadership training and provided high-impact aspiring leadership training for companies like American Express, General Dynamics, and Origami Owl. His first book was endorsed by Dr. Ken Blanchard, author of The One Minute Manager. Casey is also a foremost expert in Professional Learning Communities, an approach to leading deep, sustaining and results generating renewal in K12 education using collaboration as a central focus.
A very early innovator of distance learning and high impact instructional design, Casey was also featured in an article on Forbes.com after winning the Blackboard International Designer of the Year award.
In higher education, he’s also partnered with a number of highly competitive colleges and universities, designing and leading enormously successful graduate degree programs and chairing over 80 dissertations. He’s authoring numerous award winning and trend-setting articles and white papers. A hiking, wellness, and exercise enthusiast, Dr. Reason lives in Scottsdale, Arizona with his twin sons Brice and Kiah.